Trash collection is managed by the City of Columbia Solid Waste Utility, a division of City of Columbia Utilities. The men and women of the Solid Waste Utility have a difficult job that is made more difficult by winter weather conditions.
Should conditions become dangerous due to extreme snow accumulations or very dangerous wind chill temperatures, it is possible that collections may be suspended. Should that occur, the City of Columbia Utilities will issue press releases, social media posts, and perform additional outreach as needed to ensure our valued customers know when collections will resume.
- Solid Waste Utility Website – Residents can get the latest trash collection updates and find out the recycling and trash collection day for their address.
- Solid Waste Social Media – Residents can get the latest trash collection updates and provide customer feedback.
- Solid Waste Utility app – Residents can find out the recycling and trash collection day for their address and receive reminders on their phone.
Please Do Your Part
- If the forecast calls for snow the night before your collection date, please consider waiting until morning to set out your trash so that it doesn’t get covered by snow and become difficult to see.
- Place your collection materials as close to the street as possible.
- Don’t set your collection materials on a patch of ice if possible.
- Make sure your collection materials are not hidden beneath or behind snow banks.
Contact Solid Waste Utility, City of Columbia Utilities
Manager: Steve Hunt
Phone: 573-874-CITY (2489)
Email: waste-mgmt@CoMo.govcreate new email
COMO Recycle and Trash app
City of Columbia Utilities has a phone app called COMO Recycle and Trash. Residents can find out the recycling and trash collection day for their address and receive reminders on their phone.