Passable by a front-wheel-drive vehicle
The City of Columbia plows and treats residential streets to a passable condition: Although a street may still be snow packed, at least one travel lane is accessible for a front wheel drive vehicle at driving speeds well below the normal posted speed limits. Your vehicle’s condition and your driving skills may determine your ability to navigate roads defined as passable.
Please review these examples of passable roads:
- Winter Weather Hub – Quick links to the resources you need
- What is a passable road?
- Priority Routes – Details about Priority Routes
- Council Snow Memo – Nov. 5, 2018
- Snow Fighting Summary – City Channel (Video)
- Preparing for Snow Season – A Citizen’s Guide (pdf)
Call: 573.874.2489 / Email: PubW@CoMo.gov