Passable by a front-wheel-drive vehicle
The City of Columbia plows and treats residential streets to a passable condition: Although a street may still be snow packed, at least one travel lane is accessible for a front wheel drive vehicle at driving speeds well below the normal posted speed limits. Your vehicle’s condition and your driving skills may determine your ability to navigate roads defined as passable.
Please review these examples of passable roads:
- Winter Weather Hub – Quick links to the resources you need
- Snow Fighting Summary – City Channel (Video)
- What is a passable road?
- What is a Designated Snow Route/Priority Route?
- Preparing for Snow Season – A Citizen’s Guide (pdf)
- Council Snow Memo – Nov. 5, 2018
Call: 573.874.2489 / Email: PubW@CoMo.gov