Winter, spring, summer, or fall. All you have to do is
call save energy!
- Close your window blinds to keep the warm air out during the day, and if the weather cools off at night open them back up
- Set your thermostat warmer during times you are asleep or away from home. A programmable thermostat can make it easy by automatically adjusting the temperature the way you set it
- Change your cooling system’s filter every 1-2 months. Remember, a dirty filter makes the system work harder to cool your home, which uses more energy
- If you find yourself forgetting, which we all can, consider signing up to get your filters delivered to your door through a subscription program like Filter Easy opens in a new window. Use promo code ENERGY to get your first shipment for free!
- Ceiling fans cool people, not rooms. Remember to shut them off when you’re not in the room
- Use a grill to cook when you can. This will save you from turning on the oven and warming your home
- Have a pool? Install a variable speed pool pump to save up to 80% of your pool’s energy costs