The City of Columbia is working on regulations, including amendments to the City’s Unified Development Code (UDC) to address this medical-marijuana related land use and associated business activities in accordance with Amendment #2 to the Missouri Constitution. The UDC text amendment is anticipated to include the creation of amended or new definitions, potential new land use categories, and new use-specific standards to regulate the time, place, and manner of operation of medical marijuana facilities. It is the responsibility of the City’s Planning Commission to offer recommendations to the City Council on appropriate amendments to provide land use related controls. In addition to the procedurally required public hearing, there will be “public listening” opportunities to ensure that adequate public dialogue and vetting of the proposed regulations has occurred prior to forwarding a final Commission recommendation to Council for consideration.
- April 11, 2019 Planning Commission Work Session 6:00 PM
- April 18, 2019 Planning Commission Work Session 5:30 PM
- May 9, 2019 Planning Commission Regular Meeting 7:00 PM (anticipated public hearing and vote on draft to be forwarded to City Council)
Planning Commission Work Sessions are typically held in rooms 1A/1B of City Hall and Regular Meetings are held in the City Council Chambers. Please check the City Calendar for exact locations and meeting materials including agendas, minutes, and supporting documentation. Meeting materials are posted within 48 hours prior to a scheduled meeting.
April 11, 2019 Planning and Zoning Commission Work Session Meeting Materials
- Staff Report to Planning and Zoning Commission
- Proposed Text Amendment (dated 4-7-2019)
- City-wide Separation Map (100-1000 ft)
- M-DT Separation Maps (100 ft, 500 ft, 100-1000 ft)
- Draft DHSS Medical Marijuana Application Requirements