Team Mission: Administer federal and local funds to meet housing and community development needs in Columbia.
The Housing Programs Division oversees the implementation of federal funds received through the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and HOME Investment Partnerships Program (HOME). These funds meet a variety of housing, infrastructure and economic development needs for low to moderate income households and neighborhoods. The Housing Programs Division also staffs the Columbia Community Land Trust and supports the stewardship of the City’s investments in affordable housing.
What we do:
- Provide grant administration and compliance for CDBG, HOME and local funds.
- Oversee grant processes supporting City departments, housing developers and social service organizations.
- Operate internal affordable housing programs:
City Council’s Policy Funding Resolution supports annual funding amounts as follows:
- 25-40% Affordable Housing
- 20-50% Infrastructure
- 10-50% Economic Development
- 0-30% Community Facilities
- 0-5% Fair Housing
- 0-18% Administration
- 15% Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDO)
- 75% Rehabilitation, new construction (rental or owner occupied), homebuyer assistance
- 10% Administration
CDBG and HOME funded activities are guided by needs, goals, and deliverablesopens PDF file as identified in the Consolidated Plan