The City of Columbia, Missouri invites an artist or a team of artists residing in mid-Missouri to apply for project to create art on traffic signal boxes in downtown Columbia. The goal of the project is to decrease graffiti and bring art into public space. This project is being implemented by the city’s Office of Cultural Affairs (OCA). Proposals are now being accepted for the 2020 Traffic Box Art project. See before and after images and videos of previous Traffic Box Art projects.
CALL FOR DESIGN SUBMISSIONS
LOCATION: Intersection of Eighth and Ash
DIMENSIONS: 51” H x 24” W x 17” D
GUIDELINES FOR PROPOSALS
- Review the opens in a new windowApplication Instructionsopens PDF file for project information, artist eligibility, design criteria, selection process and other important information
- Download the opens in a new windowDesign Templateopens PDF file to create your design
The following are required for your application:
- Current résumé of arts-related projects or jobs
- Contact information for two professional references
- Design proposal on the template provided above
- A typed statement briefly explaining your design, one page maximum. Must include your planned application method: acrylic paint or vinyl wrap
Applications must be received by Friday, March 20 at 5pm. Late or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
- opens in a new windowSUBMIT ONLINE
- By mail: City of Columbia – OCA, PO Box 6015, Columbia MO, 65205
- By hand: City Hall, 701 E. Broadway, 2nd Floor