Visual art has been featured as the city’s Commemorative Poster each year since 1992. The poster communicates the vitality and beauty of the City of Columbia. The official poster is unveiled at the Celebration of the Arts fundraiser and is available for purchase year-round. An award of $1,000 is presented to the artist for the right to reproduce artwork for the poster.
Proceeds from the Celebration of the Arts support the Columbia Arts Fund. The Arts Fund is an endowment which supports local arts organizations – Learn More. Posters are sold year-round at the Convention and Visitors Bureau, 300 S. Providence.
Submissions now being accepted for the 2020 City of Columbia Commemorative Poster.
- Artists residing in mid-Missouri are eligible to apply
- Must be 18 years or older
- Work in all media is considered
- Existing or newly created work may be submitted
- A typed statement briefly explaining artwork must be submitted
- If the artist does not own the entry, written permission from the owner to enter the work must be submitted with the entry
- Previous winners are eligible for reconsideration after five years (e.g. the winning artist from 2015 is eligible to win again in 2020)
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR 2020:
The 2020 poster will be sold throughout the City of Columbia Bicentennial celebration beginning in early 2021. Submissions should celebrate or display the vitality/beauty of Columbia now or in the past 200 years. opens in a new windowMore Info on the Bicentennial
Submit the opens in a new windowonline form with all attachments:
- Images of artwork (JPEG)
- Artwork information (title, medium, year executed, artist owned)
- Written statement briefly explaining artwork(s)
- If artist does not own the entry, written permission from the owner to enter the work in the poster contest.
If you need assistance with your application, contact email@example.com new email or call 573-874-6387.
Deadline to apply: Friday, March 20, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.