Marijuana Facility License Review Board
Meeting Body Details
Hears appeals of decisions regarding the denial, suspension or revocation of marijuana facility licenses and either affirms the action taken by the business services administrator or directs the business services administrator to grant or reinstate the license. The City Council makes one appointment to this three member board. Length of terms is three years, with openings occurring in September.
Members & Terms:
- Randall Boehm - Term Ending September 30, 2022
- City of Columbia Director of Finance
- City of Columbia Director of Public Health and Human Services
Sec. 11-438. Marijuana facility license review board.
- Establishment; composition of board. A three (3) member marijuana facility license review board is hereby established consisting of the director of finance, the director of public health and human services and a citizen member appointed by the city council to serve a three (3) year term. The marijuana facility license review board may adopt rules and procedures that are consistent with city code and state law.
- Review of license denial, suspension or revocation. The director of finance, after receiving an appeal from a license denial, suspension, or revocation shall schedule a meeting of the marijuana facility license review board. Before the meeting, the board members shall be provided with copies of the letter of denial, suspension, or revocation the notice of appeal and any documentation and position statements provided by the business services administrator and the applicant pertaining to the action. The board may allow the business services administrator and the applicant or the applicant's representative to explain their positions to the board at the meeting. The board shall render decisions in conformance with this article. The board may either affirm the action taken by the business services administrator or direct the business services administrator to grant or reinstate the license. The license, in the board's discretion, may be for less than the full period of time ending on December 31. If the board affirms the action taken by the business services administrator, the board shall set forth the grounds for denial, revocation, or suspension in writing to the applicant. The determination shall be hand-delivered or sent by first class mail. A mailed determination shall be presumed received three (3) business days after it was mailed.
- Judicial review. A decision of the marijuana facility license review board may be appealed by the applicant by filing a petition with the Circuit Court of Boone County within thirty (30) calendar days of receiving the determination letter from the marijuana facility license review board. The petition shall set forth with particularity the grounds for review.
(Ord. No. 23979, § 1, 8-19-19)