Monday, June 8 summary
The number of positive cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Boone County is currently 192 with 150 who have been released from isolation at the time of publishing. There are 15 new cases from the previous press release update on Friday, June 5 and the number released from isolation has increased by 15. There are currently 40 active cases. While press release updates are only issued on days City offices are open, the data are updated daily on CoMo.gov/Coronavirus. Below is information about how to wash and dry cloth face coverings.
Cases in Boone County
|Total positive cases||Active||Released from isolation||Deaths|
<15: 19 cases (3 additional cases from the June 5 press release update)
15-24: 49 cases (5 additional cases from the June 5 press release update)
25-44: 64 cases (3 additional cases from the June 5 press release update)
45-64: 43 cases
65+: 17 cases (4 additional cases from the June 5 press release update)
Travel-related: 31 cases (1 additional case from the June 5 press release update)
Contact to a confirmed case: 102 cases (10 additional cases from the June 5 press release update, 3 moved from the "unknown" category)
Community transmission: 55 cases (4 additional cases from the June 5 press release update)
Unknown: 4 cases
Cloth face coverings are an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with every day preventive actions and social distancing in public settings. Cloth face coverings should be washed after each use. It is important to always remove face coverings correctly and wash your hands after handling or touching a used face covering. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends the following for how to clean cloth face coverings:
- You can include your face covering with your regular laundry.
- Use regular laundry detergent and the warmest appropriate water setting for the cloth used to make the face covering.
- Prepare a bleach solution by mixing 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) household bleach per gallon of room temperature water or 4 teaspoons household bleach per quart of room temperature water.
- Check the label to see if your bleach is intended for disinfection. Some bleach products, such as those designed for safe use on colored clothing, may not be suitable for disinfection. Ensure the bleach product is not past its expiration date. Never mix household bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.
- Soak the face covering in the bleach solution for 5 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly with cool or room temperature water.
- Use the highest heat setting and leave in the dryer until completely dry.
- Lay flat and allow to completely dry. If possible, place the cloth face covering in direct sunlight.
Changes to City services
No additional changes at this time.
Official information from the City of Columbia and Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services (PHHS) can be found at CoMo.gov/Coronavirus. The City will also be utilizing City and PHHS official social media accounts to post updates. They can be found at @CoMoGov on Facebook and Twitter and @CoMoHealthDept on Facebook and @CoMo_HealthDept on Twitter.