- Collections dates will be delayed one day due to the Memorial Day holiday. Monday routes will be collected on Tuesday, Tuesday routes on Wednesday, and so on.
- There will be NO curbside residential recycling collection during the week of May 25.
- ONLY normal trash will be collected. Bulky items such as furniture, appliances, etc. will NOT be collected.
- There could be additional changes throughout the week of May 25 and beyond. We encourage all solid waste customers to watch for additional messages regarding service changes.
The number of staff affected is sufficient enough to prevent the utility from collecting both trash and recycling from residential curbside customers. As the collection and proper disposal of trash is essential to the health and safety of the community, all efforts will be shifted to normal trash collection.
The City of Columbia will monitor the situation closely throughout the week with assistance from Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services. It is possible that the collection of residential curbside recycling could be affected beyond May 30. Updates will be provided to the community throughout the coming week.
Although residential curbside recycling will not occur the week of May 25, customers can take their recycling materials to one of 11 recycling drop off points. A map of these locations can be found at CoMo.gov/utilities/solidwaste. The drop off locations are:
- Columbia College Dulany Hall (near 8th Street and Hickman Avenue)
- Columbia College Wrightman Building (south end of Pannell Street)
- The Armory (north parking lot at 7th Street and Park Avenue)
- 10th Street and Cherry Street (south side of the Cherry Street Parking Structure)
- Home Depot (3215 Clark Lane)
- Moser’s on Keene (900 North Keene Street)
- Moser’s Supermarket (705 West Business Loop 70)
- 3601 South Providence Road (outer road north of Nifong)
- State Farm Parkway (on Nifong just east of Grindstone)
- University of Missouri (Bluford Hall on Kentucky Avenue)
- University of Missouri (Shurz Hall on Ashland Road east of College Avenue)