Wednesday, April 29 summary
The number of positive cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Boone County is currently 93 with 89 who have been released from isolation at the time of publishing. There are no new cases from the previous update. Below is information about maintaining good mental health during the coronavirus pandemic.
Cases in Boone County
|Total positive cases||Active||Released from isolation||Deaths|
<15: 1 case
15-24: 27 cases
25-44: 35 cases
45-64: 25 cases
65+: 5 cases
Travel-related: 28 cases
Contact to a confirmed case: 34 cases
Community transmission: 29 cases
Unknown: 2 cases
Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services suggests the following tips to maintain good mental health during the coronavirus pandemic:
- Make a list of enjoyable activities you can still do.
- Make a list of enjoyable activities you would feel good about completing.
- Make a list of things that help you feel good that you can still do.
- Focus on things and activities that you can control.
- Identify activities to limit that you may want to limit.
- If homebound with family, identify ways to have fun together.
- Socialize through phone calls or video chats.
- Exercise at home.
- Let yourself off the hook.
- Reach out for help if you need it.
To view examples of each of these tips, please visit CoMo.gov/health/wp-content/uploads/sites/13/2020/04/Handout-Mental-Health.pdf.
Changes to City services
No additional changes at this time.
Official information from the City of Columbia and Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services (PHHS) can be found at CoMo.gov/Coronavirus. The City will also be utilizing City and PHHS official social media accounts to post updates. They can be found at @CoMoGov on Facebook and Twitter and @CoMoHealthDept on Facebook and @CoMo_HealthDept on Twitter.