Friday, April 3 summary
The number of positive cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Boone County is currently 69 with 32 who have recovered at the time of publishing. There are no new cases from the previous update. Friday’s Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services (PHHS) Facebook Live video addressed misinformation about the coronavirus. View the video on their Facebook page. Below is information about why it’s important to continue following the Stay at Home Orders and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Cases in Boone County
|Total positive cases||Active||Recovered||Deaths|
15-24: 18 cases
25-44: 27 cases
45-64: 21 cases
65+: 3 cases
Travel-related: 27 cases
Contact to a confirmed case: 21 cases
Community transmission: 21 cases
Even though there are no new positive cases of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in Boone County since the last update, the number of cases continues to grow in the state and nation. It’s imperative to continue following the Stay at Home Order and the CDC’s social distancing guidelines.
The CDC recommends the following guidelines:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home as much as possible.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets and sinks.
Additional CDC guidelines can be found at CDC.gov/Coronavirus/2019-ncov/Prevent-Getting-Sick/Prevention.html.
Changes to City services
No additional changes at this time.
Official information from the City of Columbia and Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services (PHHS) can be found at CoMo.gov/Coronavirus. The City will also be utilizing City and PHHS official social media accounts to post updates. They can be found at @CoMoGov on Facebook and Twitter and @CoMoHealthDept on Facebook and @CoMo_HealthDept on Twitter.