Columbia/Boone County Public Health and Human Services (PHHS) also coordinates a network of warming centers in the community during cold weather; these centers are available to the general public during the building’s normal business hours.
Columbia's regular warming centers include the following locations.
- Activity and Recreation Center (ARC) at 1707 W. Ash St. - 573.874.7700
- Armory Sports and Community Center at 701 E. Ash St. - 573.874.7466
- Boone County Government Center at 801 E. Walnut St. - 573.886.4305
- Columbia/Boone County PHHS at 1005 W. Worley St. - 573.874.7488
- Columbia Mall at 2300 Bernadette Drive - 573.445.8458
- Columbia Public Library at 100 W. Broadway - 573.443.3161
- Salvation Army at 1108 W. Ash St. - 573.442.3229
- Salvation Army Harbor House at 602 N. Ann St. - 573.442.1984
Harry S. Truman Memorial Veterans’ Hospital (800 Hospital Drive) is also initiating a Warm Haven program for sheltering veterans overnight on Wednesday, Feb. 12 and Thursday, Feb. 13. Veterans are able to spend the night in the emergency room lobby area. Shelter will be provided to a veteran’s family as well, if they accompany the veteran. No one will be turned away during inclement weather regardless of veteran status. More information is available by calling the hospital at 573.814.6000.
Additional information on warming centers can be found at como.gov/health/human-services/warming-and-cooling-centers/.