Each year, the City of Columbia hosts the Mayor’s Climate Protection Agreement awards to recognize local businesses and organizations for taking action in their own operations to reduce environmental impacts, champion sustainable practices and promote a culture of environmental responsibility.
Congratulations to the 2019 recipients:
- Environmental Stewardship - Winners actively protect the land around them or advocate for sustainable land use.
- A.L. Gustin Golf Course
- Roots N Blues N BBQ
- Pollution Prevention - Winners monitor and minimize their carbon footprint through means of energy efficiency and reduction.
- Columbia Independent Schools
- Columbia Housing Authority
- Resource Conservation - Winners initiate efforts to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- The Food Bank
- Hair Therapy Salon
- Best Innovative Practices - Winners implement new technologies in creative ways to be more environmentally sustainable.
- Wilson’s Fitness
- ASI Flex
- Mayor’s Award - Recipient is a previous MCPA award winner who continues to demonstrate their commitment to sustainability and have expanded on previous efforts.
- 3M Columbia
For more information about previous winners and how to apply visit CoMo.gov/Sustainability/Awards.