City of Columbia Utilities is holding an interested parties meeting regarding six water main replacement projects occurring throughout Columbia. The meeting will be held Thursday, March 14 from 4 to 6 p.m. in Conference Rooms 1A/1B at City Hall, 701 E. Broadway.
The identified water main replacement projects for 2019 are in the following areas:
- Country Club Drive South and Elliott Drive
- Business Loop 70 from Fay Street to Old U.S. 63
- Crown Point and Orchard Court
- Brown Station Road near Peabody Road
- Old U.S. 63, Gordon Street, and Charles Street from McAlester Street to Business Loop 70
- Ridgemont and Highridge Circle
"As part of the City’s continuing effort to provide reliable and quality water service to all customers, these water main replacement projects have been identified as necessary for completion, based on reviews of maintenance history and prioritization of funding," City of Columbia Utilities Engineering Manager David Storvick said.
The public is invited to attend and provide their input on the six projects.
"Involvement from our community members is an important part of this process, and their feedback helps us to serve our community," Storvick said.
City staff will be available at the meeting with more information regarding the six projects, answer questions and take comments.