Columbia Police responded to a report of shots fired in the 900 block of East Business Loop 70 around 5 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30. Shell casings were located in the area. Columbia Police arrested Andrew L. Barnette-Kruger, 25, of Columbia, for the following offenses:
- Distribution of a controlled substance
- Unlawful use of a weapon while in possession of controlled substance
- Unlawful use of a weapon while intoxicated
- Unlawful use of a weapon - exhibiting a firearm
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Armed criminal action
Barnette-Kruger was remanded to the custody of the Boone County Jail with bond not determined or set.
Case number - 2018-010932
Around 3:15 a.m. on Sunday, Sept. 30, Columbia Police responded to a reports of shots heard near the intersection of College Avenue and Ash Street. The investigation determined one individual was struck by gunfire and sustained non-life threatening injuries. The individual was transported to a local hospital. Shell casings were located at the scene. The investigation is ongoing and no additional information is available.
Case number - 2018-010929