During the enhanced enforcement of March 15-18, the Columbia Police Department, with the assistance of the Boone County Sheriff's Department and the University of Missouri Police Department, worked overtime focusing their efforts on removing intoxicated drivers from our roadways.
On the night of Saturday, March 17, a DWI saturation was conducted throughout the City of Columbia. The saturation began at 10:00 p.m. and concluded at 3:00 a.m. During the saturation, 58 vehicles were stopped. A total of 29 people were administered Field Sobriety Tests. The following arrests were made:
- Five (5) Driving While Intoxicated;
- Two (2) Driving While Suspended, Revoked, or Otherwise Unlicensed;
- 15 Minor in Possession of Alcohol;
- Three (3) Misdemeanor Warrants;
- Four (4) Possession of Marijuana; and
- Four (4) Possession of Reproduced Driver's License.
An additional DWI arrest was made by an officer not taking part in the saturation. This enforcement period was successful in removing unsafe drivers from our roadways. The operation was funded through a grant from the Missouri Department of Transportation-Traffic & Highway Safety Division.