Columbia Police officers arrested Christopher Latrell Moore, 35, of Columbia tonight in reference to a sexual assault with a gun that occurred early this morning on Old 63 North.
At 3:52 a.m., officers responded to the 200 block of Old 63 North for a sexual assault with a gun. The investigation revealed the male suspect forced entry into a home where the female victim, 22, was present. The suspect was armed with a firearm and forced the victim to perform sexual acts. The suspect threatened harm to the victim if she did not comply. The suspect then fled the area. The suspect was known to the victim, and had previously been in an intimate relationship.
Officers identified the suspect as Christopher Moore. Information gathered throughout the day led officers to believe Moore was at a residence in the 700 block of Cunningham Drive. A search warrant was obtained for the residence. Being the address is county jurisdiction, Boone County Sheriff's Department was notified and responded to assist with service of the warrant. CPD Special Weapons and Tactics (SWAT) Team and Crisis Negotiation Team (CNT) were deployed.
SWAT and CNT attempted negotiations with Moore prior to service of the search warrants to no success. A total of two search warrants were served in the 700 block of Cunningham Drive. Moore was located in the second residence that was searched and was taken into custody without incident. Officers were on scene for nearly six hours.
Moore was arrested in the 700 block of Cunningham Drive at 8:11 p.m. for the following:
- Two (2) counts of Felony Rape in the First Degree with a bond to be set by the Court,
- Two (2) counts of Felony Sodomy in the First Degree with a bond to be set by the Court,
- Felony Armed Criminal Action with a bond to be set by the Court,
- Felony Burglary in the First Degree with a bond to be set by the Court,
- Felony Failure to Register with a bond of $5,000.00,
- Felony Tampering with Physical Evidence with a bond of $4,500.00,
- Felony Unlawful for Certain Persons to Possess Concealable Firearm with a bond of $4,500.00,
- Misdemeanor Domestic Assault in the Fourth Degree with a bond of $1,000.00.