Planning for future sewer & stormwater issues
Wednesday, Oct. 12, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., topic is community issues
Wednesday, Oct. 26, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., topic is quality of streams/water bodies
Monday, Nov. 14, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., topic is developing an action plan
These events will be held at the Activities and Recreation Center (ARC), 1701 W. Ash
The City of Columbia is developing a plan to meet critical infrastructure needs for improving our community's waterways. The goal of the Our Columbia Waters Plan is to develop adaptable and affordable long-term recommendations that meet Columbia's wastewater and stormwater management needs and address Clean Water Act obligations. Public input is vital to the preparation of a plan that meets the needs and future aspirations of our community.
The Columbia Integrated Management Plan will help us target investments in the wastewater and stormwater programs. The series of workshops will give the City of Columba public feedback in these areas:
- Improve water quality in watersheds
- Protect public health and public safety
- Reduce property damage due to sewage backups into buildings and flooding
- Connect people to their environment
- Address aging storm and sewer systems
- Develop sustainable and affordable infrastructure for future generations
Attached is a fact sheet with more information. We need the community's feedback at our community workshops. Columbians are also urged to take the online survey here.