The Columbia Police Department conducted alcohol compliance check investigations in Columbia on 7/18/16.
The following locations were checked and did not sell alcohol to the underage buyer:
- Hy-Vee, 3100 W. Broadway
- Wal-Mart, 3001 W. Broadway
- Wal-Mart, 415 Conley Road
- Midwest Petroleum, 2712 Paris Road
The following locations did sell alcohol to the underage buyer:
- Casey's General Store, 2520 Rangeline Street
- Lone Star Steakhouse and Saloon, 3220 Vandiver Drive
These establishments and their employees are the first line of defense in the battle against underage drinking. The Columbia Police Department thanks these establishments for their continued efforts in making Columbia a safer and healthier environment for our youth.
If you have any questions about the compliance check program or are a retailer in need of server training information, you may contact Sgt. Chad Gooch at 573-874-7652.