CPD detectives arrested Tavion Reshond Jones, 20, of Jefferson City yesterday in relation to the physical disturbance with a gun near the 5300 block of Old Millers Road East on 2/9/16.
On 2/10/16 at 12:32 p.m., officers responded to 1800 I-70 Drive Southwest, Royal Inn Motel, in reference to an alleged unintentional gunshot wound victim. The victim was transported to a local hospital for treatment.
During investigation of the incident, officers encountered a subject they believed could have been involved in the incident on Old Millers Road East. The subject was identified as Jones; he was detained and placed in a patrol car pending questioning. When officers made contact with Jones in the patrol car, they detected a strong odor of marijuana inside the vehicle and observed a baggie of marijuana where Jones was sitting. Additionally, they located marijuana residue on Jones' tongue and a separate empty baggie with a torn corner. Through continued investigation by CPD detectives into both the incident on Old Millers Road East and the gunshot wound victim, detectives developed probable cause for the arrest of Jones in relation to the incident on Old Millers Road East. Jones was arrested for the following:
- Three (3) counts of Robbery in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Three (3) counts of Armed Criminal Action with a to be set bond.
- Three (3) counts of Felony Kidnapping with a to be set bond.
- Three (3) counts of First Degree Assault with a to be set bond.
- Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $500.00.
- Misdemeanor Tampering with Physical Evidence with a bond of $500.00.
- Misdemeanor Warrant with a bond of $500.00.
At this time, there have been no arrests made in the gunshot wound incident. The investigation is on-going. If you have any information regarding the incident yesterday, please contact the Columbia Police Department, or call CrimeStoppers at (573) 875-TIPS to remain anonymous.