On 12/30/15 at 1:19 A.M., officers arrested Troy Chance Lewis, 30, of Columbia during a traffic stop near the intersection of Providence Road and Green Meadows Road. Lewis, the driver of the vehicle, was driving without headlights on. During the stop a K-9 officer alerted officers of the presence of narcotics. A search of the vehicle was conducted and located the following:
- Container with marijuana inside (approximately 25 grams)
- Several plastic baggies
- A marijuana smoking bong
- A methamphetamine pipe
- A digital scale
- A baggie of methamphetamine (approximately 4 grams)
- Two (2) firearms
Lewis is a convicted felon. He was arrested for the following and transported to CPD:
- Distribution/Delivery/Manufacture/Produce of a Controlled Substance with a to be set bond.
- Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Two (2) counts of Unlawful for Certain Persons to Possess a Concealable Firearm with a total bond of $9,000.00.
- Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $500.00.
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with a bond of $500.00.
CPD's Vice Narcotics and Organized Crime Unit (VNOC) and Street Crimes Unit served a search warrant at the residence of Lewis, 101 Green Meadows Road. Upon service of the warrant, officers made contact with resident Andrea K. Middleton, 23, and a 4-year-old juvenile.
During search of the residence, officers located the following:
- Approximately 2 pounds of marijuana in baggies
- Approximately 1 pound of marijuana concentrate
- A baggie of methamphetamine in Middleton's purse
- An electronic scale
- Empty baggies
- Drug paraphernalia
- Five (5) stolen firearms
Through investigation, officers learned both the 4-year-old juvenile, as well as a 9-year-old juvenile reside in the home. The marijuana, one of the firearms, and a Diazepam pill were accessible by the children.
Middleton was arrested at 1:40 p.m. for Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $4,500.00 and Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Child with a bond of $4,500.00.
Lewis was additionally arrested for:
- Distribution/Delivery/Manufacture/Produce of a Controlled Substance with to be set bond.
- Felony Receiving Stolen Property with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Unlawful for Certain Persons to Possess a Concealable Firearm with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Child with a bond of $4,500.00.
We would like to recognize the VNOC Unit and Street Crimes Unit, as well as the dedicated patrol officers and K-9 officer that assisted with this investigation. It is from their hard work that these arrests were possible.
2015-014732 & 2015-014739