On 10/18/15 at 5:40 P.M., Public Safety Joint Communications received a report of a sexual assault with a weapon. Officers were advised the female victim, 25, had entered 1114 I-70 Drive Southwest, Fazoli's Restaurant to report the incident.
As officers were arriving in the area, they made contact with a male subject matching the description of the suspect at 1200 I-70 Drive Southwest, University Subaru. The male subject was later identified as Jemell Dupree Butler, 19, of Jefferson City, Missouri. Butler was detained and later arrested in connection to this incident.
The investigation revealed the victim and Butler had arranged a meeting after contacting each other online. Both were in the victim's vehicle in the 1100 block of I-70 Drive Southwest when Butler brandished a knife and demanded the victim perform a sexual act. A struggle ensued for the knife and Butler received lacerations to his hands. Butler proceeded to take the victim's cell phone as she attempted to contact law enforcement and then fled the scene on foot. The victim then drove to Fazoli's Restaurant to contact law enforcement. The victim received no injuries from the knife.
- Butler was arrested at 5:48 P.M. for the following:
- Armed Criminal Action with a to be set bond.
- Robbery in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Sodomy in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Felony Warrant with a bond of $2,500.00.
- Misdemeanor Warrant with a cash-only bond of $200.00.
- A second Misdemeanor Warrant with a cash-only bond of $200.00.