Officers have arrested Isaiah Dwight Anderson, 19, of Columbia in reference to the home invasion last night in the 1600 block of Parkside Drive.
The investigation revealed Anderson and a second suspect forcefully entered the residence and brandished a firearm at five adult victims. Anderson struck one of the male victims, 22, in the head with the firearm and a struggle ensued between the two. The victim sustained lacerations to his scalp, as well as swelling, cuts, and abrasions across his body. The victims detained Anderson at the scene prior to officers' arrival.
Officers arrested Anderson at 8:39 P.M. where he was transported to the Columbia Police Department. Officers located marijuana and a metal pipe in Anderson's pocket at the time of the arrest. The firearm Anderson brandished was recovered at the scene and was determined to be stolen. Anderson is a convicted felon.
Anderson is being held at the Boone County Jail on the following charges:
- Five (5) counts of Robbery in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Armed Criminal Action with a to be set bond.
- Felony Assault in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Burglary in the First Degree with a to be set bond.
- Unlawful for Certain Persons to Possess Concealable Firearm with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Felony Receiving Stolen Property with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $500.00.
- Misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with a bond of $500.00.
Detectives are still working to identify the second suspect in the home invasion. If you have any information regarding this incident, please contact the Columbia Police Department, or call CrimeStoppers at (573) 875-TIPS to remain anonymous.
2015-011617 & 2015-011022