The Columbia Police Department conducted nine alcohol compliance check investigations in Columbia on 6/17/15.
The following locations were checked and none of them sold alcohol to the underage buyer:
- Aldi's, 807 Bus. Loop 70 W
- Breaktime 3019, 301 Nebraska Ave.
- Moser's Supermarket 182, 4840 Hwy 763 N.
- Midwest Petroleum 91,2712 Paris Road
- Gerbes Supermarket111, 205 E. Nifong
- Loop Liquor and Convenience Store, 26 Bus. Loop 70 E.
- Willie's Pub and Pool, 1109 E. Broadway
- Petro Mart 41, 5612 St. Charles Road
- Save-A-Lot, 2006 E. Broadway
Some of these locations were also checked for compliance with the City of Columbia's requirements for server training certification. All locations that were checked were in compliance.
These establishments and their employees are the first line of defense in the battle against underage drinking. The Columbia Police Department thanks these establishments for their continued efforts in making Columbia a safer and healthier environment for our youth.
If you have any questions about the compliance check program or are a retailer in need of server training information, you may contact Sgt. Chad Gooch at 573-874-7652.