On 3/29/15 at approximately 7:15 P.M., officers were dispatched to the 2900 block of Lawnridge Court in reference to shots fired.
The investigation revealed a male victim, 30, and a male suspect were engaged in a verbal altercation when the male suspect struck the male victim multiple times. The male suspect proceeded to enter a nearby residence and the male victim, accompanied by one female victim, 17, and a three-month-old child, went to a nearby vehicle. The male suspect returned to the porch of the residence and fired a shot toward the three victims. Upon officers' arrival, the male suspect had fled the scene. The male victim sustained minor bruising and abrasions to his chest and arms as a result of being struck, however, no injuries were sustained from the fired shot. Detectives established probable cause for the arrest of Ronell Jerome Clark, 33, of Columbia in reference to the incident.
On 6/16/15 at approximately 4:25 P.M., officers observed a male subject matching the description of Clark while patrolling in the 2900 block of Lawnridge Court. Officers set-up a perimeter and Clark was located near a tree line in the area. Clark was arrested for the following:
- Armed Criminal Action with a to be set bond
- Three (3) counts of Felony Assault in the Second Degree with a total bond of $13,500.00
- Felony Unlawful Use of a Weapon with a bond of $4,500.00
- Felony Endangering the Welfare of a Child with a bond of $4,500.00
- Misdemeanor Assault in the Third Degree with a bond of $500.00