The Columbia Police Department arrested Shawn David Reams, 39, at his residence in the 1300 block of Wagon Trail Heights yesterday in reference to several storage unit burglaries. Reams was arrested at 11:44 A.M. for the following charges:
- Four (4) counts of Burglary in the Second Degree with a total bond of $18,000.00.
- Felony Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $4,500.00.
- Misdemeanor Possession of a Controlled Substance with a bond of $500.00.
- Misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia with a bond of $500.00.
The arrest came after a search warrant was served at Reams' residence and officers were able to locate several items that had been reported stolen from several storage units at two separate locations, including:
- 3/25/15 and 4/21/15: Triple L Mini Storage located at 6101 Paris Road
- 4/10/15 and 4/26/15: Northwest Self Storage located at 2901 I-70 Drive Northwest
Early in the investigation of the Northwest Self Storage unit burglaries, detectives identified a maroon Chevrolet S-10 as the suspect vehicle through video surveillance. Officers made contact with what appeared to be the suspect vehicle during the evening of 4/10/15. The vehicle was broke down near Ash Street and Seventh Street and was being worked on by a male subject, later identified as Reams. A family member picked up Reams from the location in a silver Isuzu Rodeo.
During investigation of the 4/26/15 overnight burglaries, detectives identified the same Isuzu Rodeo as the suspect vehicle. Officers observed both vehicles, the Chevrolet S10 and Isuzu Rodeo, at Reams' residence, as well as several tools, small machinery items, and bicycles in the yard of the residence.
Officers served a search warrant at the residence on 5/7/15 where controlled substances, drug paraphernalia, and several stolen electronics were located. Reams is being held at the Boone County Jail on a total bond of $23,500.00.
2015-003145, 2015-004314, 2015-004518, 2015-004735, 2015-004961