Cleanup Columbia 2018 will be Saturday, April 14!
Online registration will open on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
What is Cleanup Columbia? Cleanup Columbia is a city-wide trash pick up event where hundreds of local residents work together to make our city a more beautiful place. The city will provide volunteers with trash bags, gloves, safety vests (where needed) and help you find a trash pick up location. Volunteers pick up trash in the morning and are asked to start no later than 10 a.m. Columbia Utilities or Parks & Recreation will pick up your filled bags. This is a wonderful event for individuals and groups of all sizes and people of all ages and abilities. This year we will take t-shirt order requests when you register. T-shirts will be distributed in accordance to when the registration was received and all volunteers are invited to join us for a post cleanup lunch at Twin Lakes Recreation Area.
Please Tell Us: Where Do You See Trash? (We will work to assign volunteers to those locations!)
View our list of priority cleanup areas that need to be assigned. Thank you for considering these areas of highest need!
We heard your feedback and will have an additional supplies pickup location in the north side of town! See below for details on the new pickup location:
Supply pick up times and locations:
– Wednesday, April 11, 4-7 p.m. – Grace Bible Church, 601 Blue Ridge Rd
– Thursday, April 12, 4-7 p.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
– Friday, April 13, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
– Saturday, April 14 – 7:30 – 9 a.m. – Rock Quarry House, 2002 Grindstone Parkway in Rock Quarry Park
Where to leave trash (please fill and secure each bag):
- If cleaning STREETS, leave bags clustered along street, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street
- If cleaning PARKS, leave bags near park trash receptacles
- If cleaning STREAMS, leave bags along nearest roadway, close to the curb but not so close that the bags will fall into the street.
- If cleaning TRAILS, leave bags near trash can at trail head.
- Recyclable materials may be dropped at one of the dropoff locations around town, or put out with your household recycling.
Thanks to Columbia Solid Waste and Columbia Parks & Recreation for their special assistance.
What to do with supplies after the cleanup: Please drop off at City Hall, 701 E. Broadway along with your response card. You may leave supplies at the reception desk.
Thank you for making a difference in Columbia! We will see you there!
For more information contact the City of Columbia Volunteer Programs at 874-7499 or email us.