The City of Columbia and the Columbia Police Department are committed to ensuring all members of the community feel comfortable contacting us for assistance, and have access to all the services we provide. On May 11, 2016, the Columbia Police Department introduced our first LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender) Liaison, Officer Clint Sinclair. The creation of the LGBT Liaison position was a proactive effort to bridge any gaps that may exist between our department and the LGBT community.
Officer Sinclair will serve as the point of contact for both members of the community and officers who interact with the LGBT community. His duties include:
- Assisting, advising, and consulting other officers on cases involving LGBT issues,
- Provide training for members of the department on LGBT topics,
- Meet with business owners, community groups, and individuals of the LGBT community and present information on relevant law enforcement issues,
- Attend events in the LGBT community as a representative of the Columbia Police Department,
- Identify and attend training related to LGBT topics,
- Facilitate an overall open relationship between the LGBT community and the Columbia Police Department.
If you are an LGBT-related organization that is willing to provide a service, act as a resource, or are interested in having Officer Sinclair attend your meeting, you can contact him at Clinton.Sinclair@CoMo.gov.