Thank you for your interest in employment with the City of Columbia Police Department. Applications for the position of Police Officer are accepted at various times throughout the year. Written notification of selection process dates and required materials will be sent to applicants who have submitted an application.
The City of Columbia is using an online application. All information submitted online will be verified.
In order to be considered for a Police Officer position with the Columbia Police Department, please submit the following to the City of Columbia Human Resources Department via the City’s job web site:
- Create a City of Columbia account (employment) through City of Columbia Human Resources.
- Complete an online application.
- Upload a copy of your college transcript verifying completion of college course work to the online application.
- Email the City of Columbia Human Resources Department at email@example.com to obtain a internet link to the study guide needed for the police officer test.
- You must have the study guide for a minimum of 14 days prior to scheduling an appointment to take the police officer test
- Call the City of Columbia Human Resources Department at (573) 874-7235 to make an appointment to take the police officer test.
- Passing the police officer test will result in the applicant moving forward in the process. Results of the test are available immediately upon completion of the test.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to read all instructions carefully and ensure that all documents are completed as directed and submitted to the City of Columbia Human Resources Department prior to established deadlines.