Columbia/Boone County Animal Control

    Columbia/Boone County Animal Control supports responsible pet ownership while helping keep animals and the public safe.


    • Animal Control is open 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 7 days a week, except on all observed City of Columbia holidays.
    • Emergency After Hours Services: An Animal Control Officer is on-call after hours, on holidays and weekends for emergencies only. The following situations are considered emergencies:
      • Wildlife inside the living areas of a residence (not outside or in a garage)
      • Large animals running loose on a major roadway
      • Sick or badly injured animals
      • Vicious dogs that are currently running loose
      • Reporting an animal bite

    Our Services



    File a Complaint 

    • Need to file an Animal Control Complaint? Click here


    Report an Animal Bite

    • Were you or someone you know bitten by an animal? Learn more and report an animal bite.

    lost pets

    Report a Lost Pet

    • If your pet is missing, please call Animal Control at 573-449-1888 to report it. Click here to view the pets currently in our shelter.

    • It is also a good idea to visit the Central Missouri Humane Society in Columbia (616 Big Bear Blvd.) to look for your pet. Click here for directions.


    Vaccines and Licenses


    Spay/Neuter Vouchers

    • A limited number of free spay/neuter vouchers are available to dog and cat owners. Vouchers are limited to one household per year. Click here for more information.

    Responsible Pet Ownership

    Animal Control supports responsible pet ownership. Here are some tips for being a responsible pet owner:

    Couldn’t find what you’re looking for?
    Contact us!