What is Public Health?
We work to improve the health, safety and well-being of our community though prevention, promotion and protection. This video helps explain.
- Preventing the spread of disease. We provide clinical services such as immunizations, reproductive health and birth control services, STD testing, and smoking cessation, and we are ready to respond to any disease outbreak.
- Promoting healthy behaviors.
- We can provide you with health education to allow you to make decisions about exercise, eating right, quitting smoking, and safe sex.
- We can help you find the services needed to live a healthy life.
- We can provide nutritional support for local women, infants, and children through the Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) program.
- Protecting against environmental hazards. We make sure laws are enforced that keep our surroundings safe and healthy.
- Protecting both animals and people alike. We support responsible pet ownership while helping keep animals and the public safe.
|Optimal health, safety, and well-being for all.||
To promote and protect the health, safety, and well-being of the community through leadership, partnership, and service.
- Customer Service: We exist to provide the best possible service to all customers.
- Communication: We listen to our customers and respond with clear, compassionate, and timely communication.
- Continuous improvement: We value continuous improvement through planning, learning, and innovative practices.
- Integrity: We expect our employees to be ethical, honest, and responsible. Our customers deserve nothing less.
- Teamwork: We achieve results through valuing diversity and partnerships within our own organization and the community. Each person’s contribution is critical to our progress.
- Stewardship: We develop and empower our employees to serve the community to the best of their ability. We are responsible with the resources the community entrusts to us.
To view our publications, click here.
About the Department:
- View the Department Organizational Chart.
- View the Department Brochure.
- Learn more about the Health Department’s Budget.
- Meet and learn more about our Board of Health.
- Learn more about Volunteer Opportunities & Internships.
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!