The Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services serves the city of Columbia and surrounding communities within Boone County, Missouri. We are a nationally accredited public health department in the state of Missouri through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB).
What does national accreditation mean?
|Our vision is optimal health, safety, and well-being for all.||
Our mission is to promote and protect the health, safety, and well-being of the community through leadership, partnership, and service.
What is Public Health?
This video can help explain our role.
We offer the following services:
Supporting responsible pet ownership while keeping animals and the public safe through enforcement of the City and County animal ordinances.
Assisting in preventing and treating diseases in order to help you stay healthy through a variety of testing and immunizations.
Routinely working with other agencies to plan against and respond to nearly every type of disaster.
Promoting and protecting public health by helping keep our surroundings safe and healthy through education and ordinance enforcement.
Providing education on healthy eating, HIV testing and education, STD testing & education, adolescent health and tobacco education.
Working to address the causes and effects of poverty by purchasing, coordinating, and providing social services in our community.
Providing copies of Missouri Birth and Death Certificates, registration for domestic partnerships, and AED registration.
Providing income-based nutrition services to pregnant women, new mothers, babies, and children up to their 5th birthday.
- Customer Service: Providing the best possible service to all customers.
- Communication: Listening and responding to customers with clear, compassionate, and timely communication.
- Continuous improvement: Valuing continuous planning, learning, and innovative practices.
- Integrity: Expecting our employees to be ethical, honest, and responsible.
- Teamwork: Achieving results through valuing diversity and partnerships within our own organization and the community.
- Stewardship: Empowering our employees to serve the community to the best of their ability by entrusting us with resources.
About the Department:
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!