Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services
The Columbia/Boone County Department of Public Health and Human Services is a nationally accredited health department through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). We serve the city of Columbia and surrounding communities within Boone County, Missouri.
What is Public Health?
We work to improve the health, safety and well-being of Boone County, Missouri residents though prevention, promotion and protection. This video can help explain our role. We offer the following services:
- Clinical services
- Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
- Health education and promotion
- Human services
- Vital records
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC)
- Environmental health
- Animal Control
What does national accreditation mean?
Click here to learn more.
|Our vision is optimal health, safety, and well-being for all.||
Our mission is to promote and protect the health, safety, and well-being of the community through leadership, partnership, and service.
- Customer Service: Providing the best possible service to all customers.
- Communication: Listening and responding to customers with clear, compassionate, and timely communication.
- Continuous improvement: Valuing continuous planning, learning, and innovative practices.
- Integrity: Expecting our employees to be ethical, honest, and responsible.
- Teamwork: Achieving results through valuing diversity and partnerships within our own organization and the community.
- Stewardship: Empowering our employees to serve the community to the best of their ability by entrusting us with resources.
To view our publications, click here.
About the Department:
Couldn’t find what you’re looking for? Contact us!