Passable by a front-wheel-drive vehicle
The City of Columbia defines streets as passable when they meet the following conditions: Although a street may still be snow packed, at least one travel lane is accessible for a front wheel drive vehicle at driving speeds well below the normal posted speed limits. Your vehicle’s condition and your driving skills also determine your ability to navigate roads defined as passable.
Please review these examples of passable roads:
- Snow Policies for 2 inches of Snow
- Snow Policies for 4 inches of Snow
- Snow Policies for Heavy Snowfall
- Sign up for Nixle Alerts
- What is a Designated Snow Route/Priority Route?
- What is a Priority Neighborhood?
- City Snow Fighting Summary – City Channel Videoopens in a new window
- Snow Policies and Procedures Overview