Click here to download the printable info/summary flyer
Why embark on a neighborhood planning process?
- Listed as a priority in Columbia Imagined
- Build consensus about a shared long-range neighborhood vision
- Provide neighbors with the opportunity to provide guidance for future development and redevelopment of land within or adjacent to residential neighborhoods
- Provide developers with a clear understanding of neighbors’ desires and expectations
- Strengthen neighborhood identities, character, and sense of pride by emphasizing and promoting unifying themes that make each neighborhood unique
- Address basic infrastructure needs to maintain a healthy and functional living environment
- Community Vital Signs
How will the neighborhood plan be used and implemented?
- Neighborhood future land use map (FLUM) will be created and used to inform future land use decision-making
- Neighborhood infrastructure priorities will be weighed against city-wide needs, and coordinated with other area projects to maximize economy and honor the neighborhood’s wishes as possible
What is the methodology used for defining neighborhood planning areas?
- Based on existing Neighborhood & HOA boundaries, Census Tract boundaries, major roadways, and natural boundaries
- Priority will be given to areas lacking an existing neighborhood plan
- History & Existing Conditions