Columbia Parks and Recreation
Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Check out photos from the 2016 event here!
Join our Facebook event page for updates!
2017 EVENT DETAILS
Welcome to the 4th Annual Splat Jr. Obstacle Mud Run! Kids ages 4-15, the Splat! challenge is all yours! Depending on your age, you will complete between .75 and 1.75 miles of obstacle course awesomeness including walls, tires, pipes and of course, MUD, and LOTS of it! This is a youth event, so the obstacles and entertainment will be family friendly. Splat is fun for individual kids, sibling or groups (sport teams, celebrating a birthday or any other group of kids who want to do something unique and memorable together). You are encouraged to make yourself stand out, wear a costume, paint your face or make a unique shirt. If you do dress up, please make sure you can safely run, crawl and jump in what you have on and that it won't get in your way. Join us and show us what you've got!
The Splat! course and obstacles are designed to be age-appropriate in difficulty and distance. There are 8 waves at this year's event, each having a 150-participant cap.Waves 7-8 (7-15-year-olds) are for families and groups with kids in more than one age group who want to run together. Please note that this is a longer course for the 7 and 8 year-olds than WAVES 3 and 4 will be.
WAVE 1 8:30 am 4-5 years old .75 miles 12 obstacles
WAVE 2 9:00 am 4-5 years old .75 miles 12 obstacles
WAVE 3 9:30 am 6-8 years old 1.25 miles 16 obstacles
WAVE 4 10:00 am 6-8 years old 1.25 miles 16 obstacles
WAVE 5 10:30 am 9-12 years old 1.75 miles 20 obstacles
WAVE 6 11:00 am 9-12 years old 1.75 miles 20 obstacles
WAVE 7 11:30 am 7-15 years old 1.75 miles 20 obstacles
WAVE 8 12:00 pm 7-15 years old 1.75 miles 20 obstacles
Splat! is at Gans Creek Recreation Area, 3360 E. Gans Road (across from Father Tolton High School).
EVENT SCHEDULE (subject to change)
Friday, July 7, 2017
12:30-6:30 PM Packet (event material) pick up at the ARC (1701 W Ash)
Saturday, July 8, 2017
- 7:30 AM Packet pick up and event day registration opens at Gans Creek Recreation Area
WAVE 1 Ages 4-5 years old 8:30 am
WAVE 2 Ages 4-5 years old 9 am
WAVE 3 Ages 6-8 years old 9:30 am
WAVE 4 Ages 6-8 years old 10:00 am
WAVE 5 Ages 9-12 years old 10:30 am
WAVE 6 Ages 9-12 years old 11:00 am
WAVE 7 Ages 7-15 years old 11:30 am
WAVE 8 Ages 7-15 years old 12:00 pm
- 1:00 PM Obstacle course closes
** Please plan to arrive AT LEAST 30 minutes before your wave if you picked up your packet (event materials) in advance (at the ARC on Friday 7/7 between 3-7 pm) or AT LEAST 45 minutes before your wave if you plan to pick up your packet on event day. **
HOW TO PREPARE FOR SPLAT!
- Participants should plan to get muddy; wear clothes and shoes that are OK to get really muddy (shirt and shoes are required - NO flip flops please).
- TIE YOUR SHOES TIGHTLY! No duct tape please.
- We strongly suggest you pick up your packet of event materials on Friday, July 7, 3-7 pm at the ARC (1701 W Ash) if possible.
-PLEASE PLAN TO ARRIVE AT LEAST 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR WAVE TIME IF YOU HAVE YOUR PACKET AND AT LEAST 45 MINUTES BEFORE IF YOU NEED TO PICK UP YOUR PACKET AT THE EVENT.
- There will be a spectator loop so you can take pictures on the course, please stay inside your marked boundary. Adults (parents and spectators) are NOT allowed on the obstacles.
- Participants will be going over/under walls, on balance beams and through mud and grass. A first aid tent will be available if needed.
- A change of clothes and/or a towel is a good idea.
- Bring a few dollars to grab a Kona ice!
- Don't wear jewelry or glasses (unless absolutely necessary).
- A "shower" station to rinse off will be available.
- A parent or guardian is to remain at the event area, please do NOT drop your children off for the event.
- Splat! is a rain or shine event. In the event of severe weather, the event may be delayed until weather passes, or postponed.
- Arrive ready to be AWESOME!!
2017 COURSE MAP (click to enlarge)
PICTURES AND LINKS
Here is the evidence of the muddy fun from Splat! 2014. In addition to this, you can view a lot more pictures by following these links:
Splat! 2015 Photos
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 1
Splat! 2014 Photos Part 2
Splat! 2014 Facebook Page
Thanks to sponsors: