4th of July Fire in the Sky is coordinated by Columbia Parks & Recreation and presented by:
Columbia's 65th Annual Fourth of July celebration
July 4, 2017 ~ 6:30 pm activities and entertainment, 9:15 pm fireworks
Entertainer Information for 2017 coming soon
Event begins 6:30 pm
- Children's Activities at Flat Branch Park / 4th Street – Inflatable Obstacle Course, Pop-A-Shot, 4th of July crafts and activities
- Entertainment stage at Flat Branch Park (Emcees from KOMU8 and KFRU 1400)
- Entertainment stage at Peace Park (Emcees from KOMU8 and BXR102.3)
- Fireworks begin at 9:15 pm choreographed to music simulcast on BXR 102.3 (will be launched from top of parking garage at Sixth and Cherry).
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- Concessions available.
- Rooftops not designed to be occupied and should NOT be, per building code.
- Please do NOT bring fireworks, alcohol or grills to the event.
- Volunteers are needed! Please call the City's Office of Volunteer Services at 874-7499.
Transportation / Parking
- Free parking available throughout the District and on University campus in any City or University owned lots and parking garages, unless they are marked closed. (Event map above)
- Streets around Sixth and Cherry parking garage (Fifth, Sixth, Cherry and Locust) will be closed at 7 pm. No parking after 5 pm.
- Locust will be closed at Providence Road.
- Elm will be closed from 6th to 8th Streets and 7th will be closed from Locust to Elm beginning at 1 pm.
- 4th Street will be closed from Locust to Cherry beginning at 1 pm.
- Parking will be restricted in the Sixth and Cherry parking garage starting at 7 pm on July 3. Parking will be restricted in the surrounding lots and streets beginning at 5 pm on July 4 to keep safety zone clear.
- Police will guide exiting traffic after the fireworks show. Some streets may be made one direction only at that time to assist traffic flow.
- Get there early and enjoy the fun!
- When the streets close at 7 pm, it will be best to find parking north of Broadway and south of Elm. If you come in on Elm from Providence, turn right toward the University to find parking.
- Let the traffic clear after the show and spend some time enjoying the District. Many businesses will be open.
- Bike the MKT Trail into downtown, or walk. The trail leads directly to Flat Branch Park!
- Bring a blanket or lawn chair for seating in the parks and enjoying the entertainment.
Photos credit: Notley Hawkins