- I. OPENING REMARKS w/ MAYOR TREECE
The community is invited to join commissioners and business owners in the unveiling of commemorative plaques on the former Coca-Cola Bottling Co., now Hittsville, home of Ragtag, Uprise Bakery and Hitt Records, at 10 Hitt Street, and the former Varsity Theater, now The Blue Note, at 17 North Ninth St.
- II. HITTSVILLE UNVEILING (Former Coca-Cola Bottling Building)
- III. PROCESSION TO THE BLUE NOTE
- IV. BLUE NOTE UNVEILING (Formerly Known as the Varsity Theater)
- V. REFRESHMENTS & ENTERTAINMENT INSIDE THE BLUE NOTE
Inside the Blue Note there will be music by the Gaslight Squares, archival film footage from the 1920’s and 1930’s. A door prize drawing, free snacks, and special guests in period dress will round out the celebration.
This event is sponsored by the City of Columbia Historic Preservation Commission, The Blue Note and Hittsville LLC, with generous funding from Central Bank of Boone County.
Members of the public may attend any open meeting. For requests for accommodations related to disability, please call 573-874-7214. In order to assist staff in making the appropriate arrangements for your accommodation, please make your request as far in advance of the posted meeting date as possible.